- No synthetic pigments, anti-foulants, antibiotics or therapeutic agents are used or introduced at any point in the production of Black Pearl Organic salmon.
- Certified by the Organic Food Federation and Naturland; internationally recognized Organic certifiers.
- Raised upon certified organic feed certified by the UK Soil Association.
This feed is based upon sustainable fish meal sources composed of process line trimmings from herring, mackerel, shrimp and crustacean (scampi) plants processing fish for human consumption. The fish meal sources are recycled and provide the salmon with an all-natural diet that has been developed to be as close to the wild as possible while being certified GMO-free, animal protein-free and sea mammal protein-free. The origin of the fish meal base for this feed is monitored and audited by the U.K. Soil Association for documented traceability.
- No industrial production of whole fish or by-catch are permitted as fish meal components; only re-cycled trimmings of 100% muscle tissue and shell carapace are allowed.
- No by-catch is permitted in the processing of sustainable fish trimmings into fishmeal proteins utilized for feed production certified by the UK Soil Association.
*All fish meal protein is sourced from fisheries caught within safe biological limits as recognized by ICES/FAO.
- The certified organic feed has a maximum fish oil ceiling of 24% while shrimp/ scampi/prawns trimmings/shells constitute 15-20% of the marine meals in the feed.
- All Black Pearl Organic products are raised using environmentally conservative single-year class crop rotation procedures.
- All Black Pearl Organic products are raised in stocking densities at or less than 10 kg/m3 and in areas free from industrial development and residential communities supported by regular water sampling/testing.
- Continuous monitoring and testing for environmental contaminates (PCB/Dioxin) concentrations consistently demonstrate results well below FDA recommended limits. Laboratory results are available upon written request.